Resin Driveway Cost - Overlay
The cheapest and fastest resin driveway installation is what we call an overlay. Overlays are possible when your existing driveway is solid and is in good condition.
If you driveway is suitable to be overlaid you can expect to pay between £50 and £65 per square metre depending on the total project area.
What are the advantages of an overlay?
- Speedy installation – an installation can be installed in as little as 1 Day
- Driveway Cost – as you have already have a suitable base installed, you save the excavation and preparation costs which are typically a further £40-£65 per square metre.
- Driveway Finish – you are still able to achieve the same stunning finish that you would expect from any other type of installation.
If you are unsure whether your surface can be overlaid or not, give us a call to book an appointment or send in some pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to advise you further.
Resin Driveway Cost - Full Excavation
Should your existing surface be unsuitable for an overlay or if you would just prefer a fully permeable, SUDS compliant base to install the resin onto – we are able to excavate the existing driveway and start from scratch – this is called our ‘full dig’ installation.
The cost of a ‘full dig’ installation is generally between £90 and £130 per square metre depending on the total project area.
The advantages of this type of installations are:
- Guarantee – The whole sub base and top coat will be guaranteed
- Permeable – As we will install a completely permeable sub base, the whole system becomes absorbent and you will never have a puddle
- Precision – As we are starting again, we will be able to install the driveway perfectly, with overlays we are governed by the falls of the existing sub base and let’s just say some other people don’t have ‘the eye of the Ox’.
Does the whole surface need to be prepared for vehicle traffic?
The cost of your resin installation will vary depending on the intended use for the surface.
A patio area does not require the same preparation that a driveway requires and therefore the price to install a patio or path is less than the cost of a resin driveway.
If your paths and patios are to be overlaid, the depth of the resin lay depth can be reduced from 20mm for drveways to 15mm. If the surface being overlaid is nice and smooth then you will therefore save around £5 per square metre when compared with a driveway overlay and is therefore between £45-£60 per square metre depending on total installation area.
If your paths and patios need to be created from scratch then the savings more significant when compared to a driveway you can typically expect to save around £20 per square metre for each
What edgings and borders do you like?
There are many edgings and border options to choose from and the cost of installing them varies between £0 and £25 per linear metre depending on whether your project is able to be overlaid or whether it is being excavated. See some examples scenarios below:
- Free / Cheapest – Installing coloured concrete blocks around a driveway that has been fully excavated
- The ground has already been removed and the blocks are ready to install
- The blocks are mass produced and are most widely available so are therefore the cheapest
- Low Middle £ – Cobbles or bespoke edging on a driveway that has been fully excavated
- Bespoke edging is more expensive
- The ground has already been removed within the initial excavation of the area so the chosen edging can go straight in.
- Middle £ – Resin border
- The only preparation to do it to install the trims around the project to separate the main resin colour from the border.
- The resin border has to be installed on a separate day so a day is added onto the project.
- Upper Middle £– Installing coloured concrete blocks around a driveway that has to be overlaid.
- 200mm of ground will need to be excavated around the whole project before the blocks can be installed, this increases the labour cost and of course there is waste to dispose of once the ground is removed.
- The blocks are mass produced and are most widely available so are therefore the cheapest.
- Most Expensive £– Installing bespoke edging or cobbles around a driveway that has to be overlaid.
- As above 200mm of ground will need to be excavated around the whole project before the edging can be installed.
- Bespoke edging is more expensive.
Do I require extra things such as manholes, steps or lighting?
There are of course, extra installation items that will also add to your overall resin driveway cost.
You are best booking an appointment with us to get your best and most accurate price anyway but particularly if your project has any bespoke features.